Blogroll Page for WordPress
Over time, your WordPress blog accumulates blogroll links that limitting a fixed amount of links to show on your blog becomes your last option. If you want to share more link love to your co-bloggers, why not use a blogroll page instead?
Easier said than done, I tried looking for a widget for this purpose and found the Blogroll page widget but it wasn’t quite showing what I wanted:
Doesn’t look very appealing right?
- Using the theme editor, open up your current theme look for your Page Template file
- Copy paste the contents of the Page Template file to your text editor
- Add this to the top of the file:
- Look for a php tag with “the_content”. It may look like this:
and replace it with this:
note that you can use any argument you want. Read up on wp_list_bookmarks via the WordPress Codex
- Save the file to any .php name and upload it to your current theme folder
- Go to Write Page on your WordPress install and if you did everything right, you should find this:
- Choose a page title, select the template and add any other content you want. If you’re curious as to how it looks, check out my page here.
There you have itTags: internet, Tips, Wordpress