HowTo: Uncorrupt your PSP saves
If you upgraded your PSP’s CFW and suddenly found yourself stuck with corrupt save games then here’s a guide on how to fix them.
- A PSP with CFW
- Download Free Cheat
- Download SED
Warning: this guide is not for the faint of heart. If you have little knowledge of hacking your PSP, start reading the Dummy’s Guide to PSP CFW.
How to fix PSP’s corrupt saves
- Extract both archives (FreeCheat.zip and SED.zip)
- Copy the FreeCheat folder into the x:/seplugins
- Copy the SED folder to x:/PSP/GAME/
- Go to the seplugins folder of your PSP
- Open the game.txt file (if you don’t have one, create it) and add this txt:
If you’re above CFW 3.80 M33
or if you have anything below that
- On your VSH menu (press select on the XMB), select RESET Hen (this option is not available to permanent CFWs so you need to restart your PSP)
- Important: Move your corrupted game save into the root directory of your PSP. Don’t worry, we’re just moving it out of the way so we can actually repair it.
- Start the game you want to recover the save file from
- Play the game up until the point when you can save (some games allow you to save from the very first menu, others you need to play first)
- Before saving the game, press note to bring up the FreeCheat console
- On the freecheat console go to Mem Manager -> SAVEDATE Manager -> Operate Mode -> Dump
- Press X to revert to the game so you can start creating a save file
- After the save file has been created, exit the game and connect your PSP to your PC
- Navigate your PSP’s directory to ms0:/seplugins/FreeCheat/SAVEDATA. You will see 2 files in it, .key file and a .sav file. Example given below:
ULJM-05500.key and ULJM-05500_0.sav
- Rename the key file as such ULJM-05500.key to ULJM055000.bin. Take note that it’s now a .bin file and missing the “-“.
Important Note: Just copy the format not the actual text. If not your save file will not work.
- Copy this file into /PSP/GAME/SED/
- Move the new save game that you created from x:/PSP/SAVEDATA/ to anywhere on your computer. You’ll need this later.
- Copy back the corrupted save (the one you moved earlier) back into x:/PSP/SAVEDATA/.
Important: The directory of the saved game should match the name of the .bin file you just created. If it doesn’t, rename the .bin file to match it.
- Run SED again and find the new save file (the one you just created a few minutes back)
- Press Triangle to bring up the options and select the 2nd one from the top.
- Press O and select “Yes” and press O again. SED will now repair your savefile using the one you created with this guide.
- Start your game as normal and enjoy your repaired save file 🙂
i need this last week.. but now i can’t my psp was bricked.
Again, try the emergency uninstall:
i was still hoping that will help. is it SQUARE + TRIANGLE or CIRCLE + X. Should i press and hold before turning on. or turn it on then press the keys?
Turn it on and press the keys. Sorry about that, it’s O+X+start+select. I keep forgetting that it’s O and X
wahhh no hope for me now… i done that already, but i will try again maybe my timing is incorrect.. anyways.. thanks for the help.
Try turning the PSP on, turn it off (long press of the switch) then execute the emergency uninstall command.
no hope. done it several times. I accept to have Full brick.. hoping for the latest discussion of ErikPshat on unbricking PSP 2000 TA-088v3. but i don’t have jigkick in case but i have spare MS
Well hopefully it’ll bare fruit. Why did you press note in the first place?
well, im one of those people that sometimes do things not knowing. even at work…… then have a reaction “DAMN WHY DID I DO THAT”.. specially when deleting something hahahaha.
Well, lesson learned :/
Before saving the game, press NOTE to bring up the FreeCheat console
The note button O_O
meaning two times O i.e circle button??
Lol. No, the note button. The one that controls the mute function of the PSP.
during the game wen it asks fr save i pressed d note button……..a box apperaed wid nthing written in it nd aftr smtimes it disappears ???????
wat shall i do????
dude……….ma reply??????????? waiting fr it…..
Opps sorry. I didn’t get an email alert. Will check.
Hello, finally got everything installed properly (using PSP 2000 5.50 Prome-4) and loaded up the game (Zettai Hero Project) got to the point where I could save (very early) and pressed the note key, the menu loaded up, was blank everything froze then my PSP shut off.
I tried it a second time and it was still a blank menu (this was me correcting the fact I had also added the path to game150 and vsh) and the menu still had nothing on it, but the PSP did not shut off and I am able to close the menu (with great difficulty due to it being blank)
The folder is sitting in I:\seplugins and inside \FreeCheat is CODE DUMP DATA etc.
games.txt looks like
On a side note, my problem appears to be the same as Shivaiy123
I’m having the same problem with the blank freecheat menu. I’m using cfw 5.00 m33-6 with prom4. Trying to save my 50 hour Monster Hunter file =/
Any help or solution would be greatly appreciated!