6.20 TN-D Permanent Patch
A patch is available to make 6.20 TN-D permanent on your PSP. While it doesn’t completely install a custom firmware on your PSP, it does make things a whole lot easier by allowing you to boot directly into 6.20 TN-D instead of having to manually re-run the signed homebrew app each time you turn on your PSP.
Of course, there are risks with this as you’ll be writing directly into flash0 so again there’s a slight chance of bricking. However, the 6.20 TN-D permanent patch is relatively safe as the plugin does allow you to test it first before actually installing it. If the test fails, don’t proceed with the installation.
Requirements for 6.20 TN-D Permanent Patch
- A PSP with 6.20 TN-D installed. If your PSP doesn’t have 6.20 TN-D, you can follow this guide to install it.
- Download: 6.20 TN-D Permanent Patch
How to install 6.20 TN Permanent Patch
- Install 6.20 TN-D on your PSP. If you still don’t have it (despite being part of the requirement) you can install it using this link: HowTo Install 6.20 TN-D Hen.
- After installation, on your XMB press select to enter the VSH menu. Disable the flash0 protection and exit the VSH menu.
- Extract the 6.20 TN-D Permanent Patch on your PC
- Copy the resulting folder into x:/PSP/GAME where x is the root of your PSP’s memory stick the PSP Go‘s internal storage.
- Run the 6.20TN-D Permanent Patch.
Press x to continue.
- The original flash0: / vsh / module / vshmain.prx was now backed up to ms0:/ or ef0: / vshorig.prx.
Important Note: DO NOT DELETE THIS FILE. If you brick your PSP using the Permanent Patch, you can use it to recover your psp!
- Press x again to launch the 6.20 TN-D Permanent Patch in Test mode.
Important Note: DO NOT SKIP THIS TEST. If it fails, do not proceed as you’ll likely brick your PSP. After the test concludes and is successful, it will revert your PSP back to the XMB
- Launch the installer again, press x and then o.
- The patch was now completely installed and the [b]flash0: / vsh / module / vshorig.prx was renamed to vshmain.prx!
- Congratulations, you’re not permanently on 6.20 TN-D!
Total_Noobs’s for his TN-D systemctrl
kgsws for his bright idea on vshmain faking
Liquidzigong for the patch
How to Uninstall the 6.20TN-D Permanent Patch
Run 6.20TN-D Permanent Patch again and select the uninstall option
Important Note: If you experience any problems with the permanent patch, there are two ways for you to recover:
-while starting the PSP hold R1, this will disable all plugins and set the settings to default.
-while starting the PSP hold o + x + SELECT + START – this will completely uninstall the 6.20 TN-D permanent patch for your PSP.
I was actually holding out on posting the permanent patch as it is quite risky. The upside to having the permanent patch installed however is that it opens up new possibilities for homebrew development like the recovery menu. Having development on top of the permanent patch simply means it’s quite stable and safe enough for the common.
Source: Virtuous Flame blogTags: 6.20 TN Permanent Patch, 6.20 TN-D, 6.20 TN-D Hen, Homebrew
can i use this on psp 3001 with ofw 6.20?
Yes but please install at least 6.20 TN-C or 6.20 TN-D. Less bugs 🙂
what happen if this not succesfully intalled am i going to brick my psp. also after to install this what am i going to do to run my iso /cso games. pls help and give me easy way to run my iso ..thanks
There’s a test (if you read the whole guide above) to see if your PSP will be able to run the patch or not. If it passes, you can install the patch, run either the Prometheus ISO loader (included in the guide above) or the aLoader plugin or the OpenIdea ISO loader.
ok so what happen if will not work. or if its work what the next step to do to play iso games
ok i will. also what next after installing this patch to play iso games
can’t you manually uninstall the patch by deleting the tn d files? I can’t play my psx games eboot. . . a friend told me that i should upgrade to 6.35 pro in order to play it. i thought 6.20 tn d has psx support. . . what should i do? Enlighten me, pls, sylver!
Nope, that won’t work (and it’s dangerous) since there are still files left on flash0. A few people who tried that ended up with a brick. If you wish to install 6.35 Pro, please proceed with the uninstallation process before upgrading.
Can This Permanen Patch worked with the new 6.20TN-E?
Nope. There currently is no permanent patch for TN-E.
Thanks for the info. btw if u don’t mind i wanted to asked one more thing.
the instruction say, “Disable the flash0 protection” bfore installing this permanent patch.
my question is can i enable it again after the installation? or i should leave it disable?
For information, i already install this permanent patch and it work like a charm, loving it, until now i leave Flash0 protection disable,
Thanks in advance for the answer 😀
is this compatible to psp 3000 6.20?