Install 6.20 TN-A Hen and Prometheus ISO loader on your PSP
Thanks to the efforts of Wololo and Liquidzigong, PSP-3000, PSP-2000 with TA-v88v3 motherboard or PSP Go owners can now have custom firmware (well it’s pseudo-cfw.. it’s actually HBL + ISO loader but let’s call it that for convenience’s sake) installed on their PSPs via 6.20 TN-A Hen and Prometheus ISO loader. With the 6.20 TN-A and Prometheus ISO loader, you can now run PSP games off your memory stick for free :).
Requirements for 6.20 TN-A Hen and Prometheus ISO
- A PSP-3000, PSP-2000 with TA-v88v3 motherboard or PSP Go with official firmware 6.20 installed. If you have a hackable PSP, I would recommend to install a permanent CFW like 5.50 GEN-D3. If you’re not on 6.20, follow the upgrade guide for your PlayStation Portable on the troubleshooting part of the guide
- Patapon 2 Demo
- 6.20 TN-A Hen Mirror
- Prometheus ISO loader | Mirror
Installing 6.20 TN-A Hen and Prometheus ISO loader on your PSP
- Extract the Patapon 2 Demo onto your PC
- Copy the folder (UCUS98734) into x:\PSP\GAME (x is your memory stick or the PSP Go‘s storage)
- Extract the 6.20 TN-A Hen file onto your PC
- Copy it’s contents directly onto your PSP. This contains both the homebrew loader and the exploited save data.
- On your XMB, Run the Patapon 2 Demo
- If you see the screen below. Select ‘No’ to proceed
- Select Yes at this screen to proceed
- Select Continue
- and load the save file. Do note that the icon may be different.
- Once the game has loaded, Press [R Trigger] to load HBL Menu
- Your PSP will now load the HBL menu as seen below. Select Hen to load the 6.20 TN-A HEN on your PSP. A bit of warning though, selecting this option will cause your PSP screen to be blank for a moment then reset to the XMB. This is normal so don’t panic.
If you get a “Warning, memory leak!”, again don’t panic, this is normal.
- Once you’re back on the XMB, press “select” to make sure the TN Hen menu displays correctly.
- Follow this guide on how to install the Prometheus ISO loader on your PSP: Installing the Prometheus ISO loader on your PSP.
- Enjoy your Free PSP Games :).
Important Note: Be sure to check the Prometheus ISO loader compatibility guide
Important Note: You need an ISO folder in your PSP’s memory. Simply create one and dump your PSP ISOs/CSOs there.
Below is a video of the hack for skeptics out there:
If you’re on a different firmware, you may want to take a look at other Hen installations:
- 6.20 TN-A
- 6.20 TN-C
- 6.20 TN-D
- 6.20 TN-E (updated version)
- 6.20 Pro-B5
- 6.31 Hen
- Signed 6.31 Hen (updated version)
- 6.35 Hen
- Signed 6.35 Hen (updated version)
- 6.35 Pro-B5
credits to Liquidzigong, Total_NoobTags: 6.20 TN-A Hen, 6.31 Prometheus, ChickHEN, Homebrew, Prometheus ISO, PSP Go