How to capture screenshots on your PSP
Now that you’ve installed custom firmware on your PSP, you’re probably wondering what you can do with it right? How about taking screenshots on your PSP? Interested? Keep on reading 😀
- Any PSP with Custom Firmware installed. If you don’t have custom firmware on your PSP, read this guide on how to install custom firmware.
Important: Updated guide to accommodate Hen users.
Important: Updated guide to accommodate PSP Go users.
How to install Screen Capture on your PSP
- Extract the Screencapture pack anywhere on your computer
- Connect your PSP to your PC and check if there is a seplugins folder on the root of your memory stick.
- If you don’t have a seplugins folder, copy the seplugins folder to the root of your memory stick as shown below
- If you have an seplugins folder, check if you have these 3 files inside it:
- Copy screenshotbmp.prx from the seplugins from the folder you’ve extracted to the seplugins folder on the root of your memory stick
- Go to the seplugins folder and open these files:
- On each file add the line:
- If you have a PSP Go, use this line instead:
- If you don’t have any of those 3 files mentioned above, just copy the ones from the seplugins folder you’ve just extracted
- If you’re running a PSP with a full CFW (5.00 M33, 5.50 GEN-D3):
- Turn off your PSP
- Enter the recovery menu (if you’re not on chickHen, hold the R button when turning on your PSP
- Go to plugins and enable the screenshotbmp.prx where you want to use it
game = inside a PSP game
pops = inside a POPS loader game/ PSX game
vsh = on your XMB
- Restart your PSP (either manually or using the option to restart in the recovery menu
- If you’re running a PSP with Hen: (5.03 GEN-C, 6.20 TN-C, 6.31 Hen, 6.35 Hen, 6.35 PRO-A):
- Press select to enter the VSH Menu
- Select the option to restart Hen
- Once you’re back on your PSP’s XMB. Press the note button and you should see your PSP’s screen inverting it’s colors (you’ll know it when you see it). This is the screenshot plugin working.
- Go to Photos on your XMB and you should see your screenshot
The images below were taken with this plugin. It’s my character on Monster Hunter Freedom Unite 😀