PSP Custom Firmware 5.00 M33 is Released
Custom Firmware 5.00 M33 has just been released. Dark Alex completely skipped 4.02 and released 5.00 M33. Interested in the changes? Read the PSP 5.00 OFW changes. The most welcome change to 5.00 is the full QUERTY keyboard. No more cellphone like input for us ^_^.
Note: If you’ve already install 5.00 M33, you can skip to it’s patches on the next page. The latest patch is 5.00 M33-6.
Important UPDATE: If you are having trouble playing the latest PSP Games, you may want to install the Prometheus-4 module or use the ISO Tool Patching guide. OR you may want to update to 5.50 GEN-D3 🙂
- PSP Phat or PSP Slim with 3.52 M33 or higher. If you don’t have custom firmware yet, READ: Convert your PSP to custom firmware.
- PSP battery that’s at least 78% full
- Download: 5.00 M33 | 5.00 M33
- Download: 500.PBP | 500.PBP
- Disable ALL plugins.
- Back up your save files (so that if they get corrupted, you still have backups)
How to install 5.00 M33 CFW on your PSP:
- Extract the 5.00 M33 installer files to your computer.
- Copy the Update folder to X:/PSP/GAME/ on your PSP’s memory stick.
- Download the official 500.PBP. Rename the EBOOT.PBP to 500.PBP before proceeding.
- Copy the 500.PBP to the directory; X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE on your PSP’s memory stick.
- Disconnect your PSP
- Run 5.00 UPDATE from under Game on your PSP’s XMB
- Press X if asked to correct idstorage keys
- Continue to install the official 5.00 SONY when prompted
- After all process is complete, press X. Your PSP will reboot.
- Congratulations, you’ve just installed 5.00 M33
If you haven’t successfully installed the 5.00 M33 firmware then you can’t proceed here since these are just subsequent patches. Read the guide on How to install 5.00 M33 on your PSP above or if you have official firmware, post a comment and let’s see if I can help you out.
If you want to upgrade your 5.00 M33-6 then turn to the next page.
Pages: 1 2Tags: 5.00 Firmware, Custom Firmware, How to install 5.00 M33