New Hatsune Miku Project Diva games for Vita and PS3
With the success of Sega’s Project Diva franchise on the PlayStation Portable (as well as the HD DLC on the PS3), many fans were wondering when the next installment of the game will be releasing (and no, Project Mirai doesn’t count). That’s all ended now as according to Sega’s official announcement, the “Next Hatsune Miku Project Diva” will be arriving on both the PlayStation Vita and the PlayStation 3.
Yep, the new game will be available on both consoles with the Vita version launching this summer while the PS3 version in 2013.
Details are, as of yet sketchy but here’s what we know so far thanks to Famitsu via Sinobi:
- same basic gameplay systems from the previous Miku games.
- new gameplay elements like touch controls (for the Vita version obviously)
- new technical element where you receive bonuses by connecting combos in a specified time limit
- confirmed Vocaloids are: Hatsune Miku, Kagamine Rin, Kagamine Len, Megurine Luka, Kaito and Meiko
- confirmed songs are: World’s End Dance Hall (wowaka), Pieretta (nezuki) and Cat Food (Doriko)
The game is being developed by the staff that worked on the PSP and arcade Hatsune Miku games.
Yes, those details aren’t much to work on but I’m at least hoping that the game will get the same voice switching that Project Mirai has. Details will be available on the Vita game’s microsite.Tags: Hatsune Miku, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, Project Diva