Toshiba’s 200GB 2.5″ External Hard Drive
Toshiba introduced the worlds first 200GB 2.5-inch USB 2.0 portable external hard drive today. It’s currently is the largest back up hard drive in the 2.5″ class, and I know some of you are already ranting, “What about my 500GB external?” Try putting that monster in your chest pocket and say that again.
The drive is compatible with windows or Mac OS, comes with a 4ft USB cable, and a fingerprint and scratch resistant black aluminum case. All you need to do is plug it in and run the backup software. The new drive also includes a patent-pending shock mount system, a feature that’ll no doubt save your important files from bumps and valleys or at least life’s little mishaps.
- USB powered – turns on and off with your computer
- Backups start automatically and run in the background
- Continuous monitoring and backup of your data
- Patent-pending shock mounting for protection
- Everything you need to backup your data is in the box
- NTI Shadow provides an easy to use interface to make your backups pain-free
- One button “Quick Restore” opens the backup files so you can find your data easily
- Data is stored in the original file format – no special software is required to open the files on another computer
- Dimensions and weight: 3.5″ W x 5.6″ D x 0.94″ H; 9 oz
- In the box: One Toshiba Portable USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive, 4 ft. USB 2.0 Cable, NTI Shadow Software CD-ROM, Quick Install Guide/Limited Warranty, 4 ft. USB to DC auxiliary power cable (required for USB 1.1)
- One year limited warranty from Toshiba
The drive is available in 100GB, 120GB, 160GB and 200GB capacities.Tags: General Computing