PS Vita TN-V now available
Total_Noob has officially released his highly anticipated Custom Emulator Firmware TN-V for the PlayStation Vita.
TN-V allows you to install all the CFW goodness found in the PlayStation Portable world onto your Vita. And yes, you can play PSP ISOs (no Vita games here). The release of Vita TN-V is a milestone for the Vita homebrew community as it supports ALL current exploits and will support any future kernel exploits that happen to get released.
Important Note: This will currently not work with PlayStation Vita‘s updated to OFW 2.06 as the current public exploit doesn’t work on that version. However, rumor has it that there’s already a VHBL exploit for 2.06.
Some of the features of TN-V include:
- The whole PSP environment
- Recovery menu and VSH menu (many options to set)
- Support of plugins
- CPU speed changement (makes no sense, as the difference is only minimal )
- Install Addon
- Network update
- 1.50 kernel homebrews compatibility
- Higher homebrews compatibility (VLF homebrews)
- High PSX compatibility (without sound)
- High backups compatibility
- Support of prometheus patched backups
How to install TN-V (Note: This requires an exploit to use, TN-V is not an exploit itself!)
Important Note: if you need help installing the exploit you might want to read this first.
- Search the game which you own in ‘savedatas’ and extract the associated savedata to ‘\PS Vita\PSAVEDATA\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX\’, (The ’XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX’ is a bunch of random numbers and letters.)
- Transfer it to your PS Vita using CMA.
- Obtain the 6.60 EBOOT (link below!) and copy it to the savedata folder with the name ’660.PBP’
- Run the exploit game and hold the R trigger while the game is loading the exploited savedata.
- Once you are in the recovery menu, select: -> Advanced -> Install 6.60 files
- As original OFW files are needed, this step has to be done. But ONLY ONE TIME.
- If you are not familiar with the recovery menu, only adjust the settings which are recommended.
- Enjoy 6.60 TN-V
Currently incompatible Vita features:
- Music Unlimited
- Sens Me
If you’ve found a bug, please either contact report to post via Wololo’s forum
If your problem lies on the initializing of the exploit, please tell the debug color which appeared.
- Thanks to Dark_AleX for all his great work since 2005.
- Thanks to frostegater for the wlan kernel exploit.
- Thanks to The_Zett for providing his server.
- Thanks to every developer who provides his game exploit to the scene.