Nvidia GeForce 295.73 Drivers boost Skyrim, Mass Effect 3 and Diablo III performance
So for the most of us, those two titles aren’t much to be excited about until they actually start shipping but for the rest who are still hunting dragons, it’s mostly good news.
Nvidia’s latest release of it’s GeForce drivers 295.73 gives up to 44.5% performance increase for the GTX 560.
Older video cards of course still get a bit of a bump but hey, it’s marketing.
Improving your framerate when dragon slaying aside, the new GeForce 295.73 drivers also offer up to double the performance in Mass Effect 3 with SLI. Other highlights include;
- GeForce-exclusive quality enhancements with ambient occlusion support for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Diablo III, and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
- New 3D Vision and SLI profiles for over 50 titles.
- New PhysiX software for the best experience in top PhyX titles like Alice: Madness Returns and Batman: Arkham City.
To enable the ambient occlusion:
- Open your NVIDIA Control Panel
- Browse to ‘Manage 3D Settings’ and select ‘Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim‘ in the drop-down.
- Set the ‘Ambient Occlusion’ option to Performance or Quality.
- Click the Apply button.
To download the GeForce 295.73 Drivers, simply head to Nvidia’s download page or fire up the Nvidia Control Panel and click Check for Updates.
source NvidiaTags: Nvidia, Nvidia GeForce, Skyrim