HowTo: Downgrade your PSP from 6.35/6.31 to 6.20
Davee (yep, the very same guy that the PSP community owes the ChickHen Hack to) has released a downgrader that will allow PSPs currently on 6.31 & 6.35 to downgrade their firmwares to 6.20. If you’re already on 6.35 Hen or 6.31 Hen, this means you can opt to downgrade and install 6.20 TN-C Hen (and the upcoming 6.20 TN-D which Total_Noob says will include a Popsloader support). For those worried about complicated steps to follow, not to worry, the 6.35/6.31 Downgrader is signed, meaning you can run in directly on your PSP, regardless of whether you have a homebrew loader, a cfw or are currently on the official firmware.
Requirements for the 6.35/6.31 to 6.20 Downgrader
- A PSP-3000, PSP-2000 with TA-v88v3 motherboard or PSP Go with official firmware 6.31 or 6.35 installed. If you have a hackable PSP and want to downgrade, use Hellcat’s Recovery tool
- Davee”s 6.3x downgrader
- 6.20 OFW for your PSP model: PSP-2000 | PSP-3000 | PSP Go
Downgrading your PSP to 6.20 from 6.35/6.31
- Extract Davee’s 6.3x downgrader on your PC.
- Copy the PSP folder directly onto your memory stick or the storage of your PSP Go
- Extract the 6.20 OFW on your PC
- Copy the EBOOT.pbp file inside x:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/ where x is your PSP’s memory stick or the storage of your PSP Go
- Run the Downgrader on your XMB and follow onscreen prompts
And that’s it, you’re back to 6.20 OFW!
Now for the important bit:
Important Note: Downgrading your PSP is risky. Unless you follow the procedures explicitly as indicated, you may end up bricking your PSP. While Davee’s downgrader has been confirmed working by quite a lot of people already, keep in mind that there’s still a risk of bricking so don’t downgrade unless you really want to.
Also, here’s a video:
credits: DaveeTags: 6.20 Downgrader, 6.20 TN-A Hen, 6.20 TN-C, 6.20 TN-C Hen, 6.31 Hen, 6.31 Hen Pro, 6.35 Hen, 6.35 Hen Pro, Davee Downgrader