Atma Xplorer

Xploring Games, Computing, Photography

StarCraft II: 1.8 Million Copies Launch Date sales

A day just after it’s release and StarCraft II has become the fastest-selling game of 2010 to date and one of the fastest-selling PC games of all time. Just how many copies did Blizzard manage to move on day 1 of Starcraft II’s release? VGChartz estimates that Blizzard and Activision managed to sell 1.8 million copies of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty in just the U.S., Europe and it’s digital download service.

Amazing? Yep, for a PC game that’s downright amazing, especially if you consider Asia still isn’t included in that number, South Korea in particular.

VGChartz estimates that around 31% or 570,000 units of the 1.8 million total were sold via’s digital store while the remainder comes from actual disc sales. Around 57% of total sales comes from the USA and the remaining 43% from Europe.

Expect Blizzard to release a more than pleased statement detailing the success of their new game with exact figures. That of Korea should be pretty interesting.

Oh and if you’re still not yet onboard the StarCraft II hype machine, WOW players get StarCraft II for free…. in Korea that is.

If you’re looking to get the game, make sure your PC can run the game by with StarCraft II Official System requirements.

source GamrFeed

Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

website stats