HowTo: Watch StarCraft II Beta Replays
Say you’re part of the lot that was unlucky enough to not get picked fro the Starcraft II Closed BETA but want to be able to watch replays. Do you wait for a Starcraft II BETA key? Or do you start doing something about it… like say install Starcraft 2 BETA to watch replays?
I’m quite sure you’re going to choose the latter so here’s a simple guide on how to watch Starcraft II Beta replays without beta access. Do note that you’ll need to StarCraft 2 BETA client. You can download from the mirrors below:
- Direct download – Part: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
- Torrent (if you never used torrents before, download and install uTorrent first)
Now before you start screaming that you don’t have a StarCraft II BETA KEY for this, read this important bit: you don’t need it :D. You’re only going to watch StarCraft 2 BETA replays right?
How to Watch StarCraft 2 BETA Replays
- Install the StarCraft II BETA client using the links provided above (if you’ve download using the direct download links, you need a program like 7zip to extract the necessary files first)
- Run the StarCraft II BETA application once to update to the latest build (don’t worry, you won’t get blocked :D)
- Download LazyLauncher
- Extract LazyLauncher inside your StarCraft II BETA folder (example. C:\Program Files\Starcraft II Beta)
- Download Starcraft II BETA Replays. Here’s a good collection from Team Liquid
- Extract the Starcraft II BETA Replays to a folder that you can easily remember(example. C:\Replays)
- Launch Lazy Launcher
- On the Lazy Launcher dialog box, navigate to your replays folder and select one that you’d like to run!
It’s that simple!
If you want to play StarCraft 2 BETA offline or StarCraft 2 BETA vs AI, please refer to this post.
- Teknogods for LazyLauncher and the Beta client
- Team Liquid for Replays
I watched the replays without the LazyLauncher. 😀
😀 I would’ve posted the All-in-one tool that I’m using but it’s a pain for downloaded replays.