PSP Firmware 6.00 details
After 5.00, I was pretty sure that Sony was releasing firmware versions some sanity (releasing next versions.. like 1.00, 2.00, 5.00, etc) when they had something significant to push out. 5.00 OFW had this with the PSN account manager and the full screen keyboard. With 6.00 though, they’ve managed to dispel that belief. The number associated with the PSP’s firmware seems like it’s more for aesthetics rather than marking any significant functionality.
Don’t believe it?
Here’s the complete list of changes for PSP Firmware 6.00 (6.00 OFW)
- PlayStation Store Games can now be grouped and displayed in folders based on their expire date under [GAME]
- Importing of playlists from the Media GO! applications is now supported under Music
- Under [Settings] > [Network Update] has been changed to [System Update]
- The number of Colors that can be selected under [Settings] > [Theme Settings] has been increased
- The PSP GO! system can now connect to the Internet via a Bluetooth modem such as a mobile phone
- Revisions to strengthen security has been added. (Internet Browser)
Find anything major? Me too.
The lack of features more than ensured that there won’t be an M33 release for 6.00. What’s more, Dark Alex has posted this to his PSPWiki:
Please, don’t ask here, the Blog, IRC, etc for a 6.00 M33, as it isn’t planned.
So unless you want to play games that require the latest firmware version (5.50 and up), I don’t really see any reason to get excited with the release of 6.00 OFW. Maybe if they add DivX playback (LOL. I remember everyone was still asking this since 3.71 M33). If you’re still looking forward to a 6.00 CFW, standby for releases from the GEN team and the MHU team :D. Subscribe to my feeds for the latest updates on them.Tags: 6.00 Firmware, Firmware