Hold+ v3.8 Plugin for Custom Firmware
My first experience with the Hold+ plugin was several months ago when I was still using my PSP as a PMP (that’s Playstation Portable as a Portable Media Player). While the 5 to 6 hours of battery life might be enough for our gaming sessions, I always end up killing my battery afterwards. The Hold+ proved useful because it extended my PSP’s battery life for quite a bit.
If you’re interested in how the Hold+ plugin saves your battery, you can read up this lengthy post that I’ve written way back when I was still gaming on a PSP Slim (I got a Phat now :D).
If however, you’re the kind of person who’s interested in jumping headlong into the fray then here’s how you can install Hold+ 3.8 on your custom firmware enabled PSP.
- Any PSP with Custom Firmware installed. If you don’t have custom firmware on your PSP, read this guide on how to install custom firmware.
- Download: Hold+ | Hold+
How to install the Hold+ Plugin on your PSP
- Download the installation file listed above
- Extract Hold+ on your computer
- If you have a seplugins folder on your memory stick, copy the hold.prx file to it, otherwise create the seplugins folder first.
- If you have a VSH.txt file on your memory stick, add hold.prx and save it, otherwise, create a VSH.txt file first.
- Reboot your PSP.
Changelog for Hold+ 3.8
- Switches off the LCD screen and backlight.
- Underclocks the CPU to 60MHz.
- The original screen brightness and clock speed are restored when the Hold switch is released.
- Prevents the PSP from going into suspend mode if you accidentally push the power switch too far when turning off Hold mode.
- Allows complete operation of the PSP controls with the display turned off.
- Turns off LEDs in hold mode.
- While in hold mode, allows the use of Left, Right, LTrigger, RTrigger, Volume and Start buttons, if you hold the Select button first. Useful to skip songs, pause etc.
- Enables the 5th brightness level on PSP Slim.
- Increases the vertical scrolling speed of Music player by around 50% (scroll 300 songs in 10 seconds).
If you experience any problems, please leave a comment.Tags: Hold+, Homebrew, PSP Plugin
I will be trying to install this firmware on my PSP.
i’ve did what your instructions said.. but doesnt work for me..
mine’s a phat psp with 5.00 m33-6 cfw
oh ya.. do cwcheat interfere with it?
ah… its ok.. i found the problem.. i have to put this line instead “ms0:/seplugins/hold.prx”
does this work on cfw enabler 3.60?
Guys there’s a new version of Hold+,ver 4.0 Atma i think you need to do some updates 😉
Thanks for the heads up