Install PSP Custom Firmware 5.03 GEN-A via ChickHEN R2
Interested yet? Read ON.
- A PSP-3000 or PSP-2000 with TA-088v3 motherboard.
- Davee’s chickHen installed and running
- Download: 5.03 GEN-A
- Back up your save files (so that if they get corrupted, you still have backups)
How to Install Custom Firmware 5.03GEN-A for ChickHEN
How to Install 5.03 GEN-A
- Connect your PSP to the computer in USB Mode when you have loaded ChickHEN R2.
- Unzip the file you’ve downloaded on your computer
- Run the LAUNCH-ME.exe (GUI) Application
- PSP Model : choose your PSP PSP-2000 or PSP-3000 (shown below)
- PSP 2000 = Slim and Lite
- PSP 3000 = Brite
- Choose the option ‘FULL’ under Mode
- Choose the option ‘Yes’ under PSP Install
- press START , and the files will be patched and copied to the Memory Stick.
- Disconnect the PSP from USB.
- Launch the homebrew file ‘INSTALLER-LOADER’ under ‘GAME > Memory Stick’.
- After the flash done, press O [it’s the circle button] to reboot in the custom firmware.
- After the PSP reboot, you are finish installation proses. Now your firmware is 5.03 GEN-A(full).
After installing 5.03 GEN-A, please proceed to install 5.03 GEN-B :D.
If you’re experiencing this problem, rename the 503.pbp to EBOOT.pbp. (Do this ONLY if you’re experiencing the problem indicated)
Custom Firmware 5.03GEN for HEN-A can not brick your console during the installation. Understand that the
Custom Firmware 5.03GEN for HEN-A adds the files it needs but does not those of the official firmware 5.03.
Once installed, as it is a Custom Firmware, you have access to the flash0 of your console.
Don’t EVER load the flasher to flash0 of your PSP. Do not edit any files of OFW 5.03. If you do then congratulations, you’ve just bricked your PSP. If you manage to brick your PSP installing custom firmware (which as stated above is not possible under NORMAL usage), you need to talk to Sony and I’m sure they’ll be happy to take in your case (NOT!)
You can put your PSP to sleep/standyby but don’t allow it to drain it’s battery to 0%. If you do, you will need to you will need use again ChickHEN R2 to load the main app and press ( ) to reboot in the custom firmware.
To be updated with a proper list.
All this is thanks to GENyUS and PSPGen.com.Tags: 5.03 GEN-A, ChickHEN, Custom Firmware, Playstation Portable