Sony officially reveals the PlayStation 4 Pro
According to Sony, it will have” more than double” the GPU power than the original PS4 and is equipped with a higher-clocked CPU. Yes, this the PS4 will work with your current content but it does include support for High Dynamic Range (HDR) and 4K (using special rendering techniques and upscaling). The PlayStation 4 Pro will be available side-by-side (although at a later release date) with the PlayStation 4 Slim.
And if you have to ask, yes, this will work very well with the PlayStation VR.
— PlayStation Europe (@PlayStationEU) September 7, 2016
PlayStation 4 Pro Specs:
The new console will be identifiable with a new model number – CUH-7000 – and will be equipped with a 4.20 teraFLOPS GPU.
- Main processor: Single-chip custom processorCPU: x86-64 AMD “Jaguar”, 8 cores
GPU: 4.20 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon ™ based graphics engine
- Memory: GDDR5 8GB
- Hard Disk: 1TB × 1
- External dimensions: About 295mm × 55mm × 327mm (width × height × depth)
- Weight: about 3.3kg
- Optical drive (read-only)BD 6-speed CAV
DVD 8 speed CAV
- Input and output:
Super-Speed USB (USB 3.1 Gen1) port × 3AUX port × 1
- Communication:Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)
IEEE 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac
Bluetooth® 4.0 (LE)
- Power supply:AC 100V, 50 / 60Hz
- Power consumption: up to 310W
- Operating environment temperature: 5 ℃ – 35 ℃
- AV output:HDMI® output terminal (4K / HDR output)
Optical digital output terminal
The box for the Playstation 4 includes:
- “PlayStation 4” console (PlayStation 4 Pro, HDD 1TB, body color: Jet Black) × 1
- Wireless Controller (DUALSHOCK 4) Jet Black (CUH-ZCT2) × 1
- Monaural headset × 1
- Power cord × 1
- HDMI cable × 1
- USB cable × 1
The PlayStation 4 will be available starting November 10th for $399, €399, £349 and 44,980 yen.
source: US PlayStation BlogTags: PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 Pro