Gust teases Atelier Rorona Plus 3DS details and screenshots
Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland for 3DS is headed for the Nintendo 3DS and Gust has released the first screenshots and details for the game.
The 3DS version of the game remakes the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita version with a new art style and a quite a number of worthwhile tweaks that might sway existing fans to get this version as well. The 3DS version offers a revamped battle system suited for the handheld’s 3D capabilities where players look down on a grid-based field.
Also included in the 3DS version is Atelier Astrid, an original story unlocked by meeting certain conditions that follows the younger days of Astrid Zexis, who is joined by her partner Sterkenburg Cranach.
Other features include:
- Overtime Mode – After the story ends, Totori and Meruru come from the future and the three protagonists of the Arland trilogy are united in efforts to return them to their original worlds. Of course, Totori and Meruru be playable in battle at this time and will also be chibi-fied.
- Esty Dee – Esty, who was a recurring support character in the Arland trilogy, will be playable in addition to Totori and Meruru. Although receptionist for the castle, she is said to exhibit great power in battle.
- Costumes – A variety of new costumes will appear in the original Atelier Rorona Plus for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita. In this game, a number of carefully selected costumes suited to its chibi characters will be available.
- Additional Maps and Bosses – The additional maps and bosses from the original Atelier Rorona Plus will also appear.
- Kitchen Garden and Atelier Redecorating – The kitchen garden and ability to redecorate Rorona’s atelier will also be available.
- Difficulty Level Selection – Players will be able to change the game’s difficulty to suit their play style.
Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland is set to release for the Nintendo 3DS in Japan on March 26 for 6,264 yen.
Gust is offering a Premium Box that includes a five-piece character metal charm set, cleaner cloth pouch, and mini-tapestry for 9,504 yen. First-print copies of the game include an original 3DS theme to download. Sadly, still no word on an US release ;(Tags: Atelier Rorona, Atelier Rorona Plus, Nintendo 3DS