Sony teases 2.00 firmware update for the PlayStation 4
The official US PlayStation blog has posted a bit of a teaser for the PlayStation 4‘s upcoming version 2.00 firmware codenamed Masamune. The update will bring Share Play, Youtube support and Themes to the PlayStation 4 and a whole lot more.
Here’s a quick look at the theme support:
Non too shabby.
Here’s what you’ll get with the Masamune update:
- Share Play – Share Play can be activated with the Share button on the DualShock 4 controller. With it, you can invite a friend to join your game, even if they don’t own a copy of it. Friends can jump in as a local multiplayer user or take over your controller to help you get through tricky situations.
- Change colors: In addition to the ability to add a theme, PS4 owners can also change the background of the home screen from light blue to one of seven new colors: gold, blue, red, green, purple, pink, and gray.
Players You May Know: PS4 will now suggest players you may know in the ‘What’s New’ section, recommending gamers your friends frequently play with.
- YouTube Support – In addition to Facebook, gameplay clips can be uploaded to YouTube via the Share button on the DualShock 4 controller.
- USB Music Player – PS4 owners can play their own music in the background while playing a game using USB Music Player. After inserting a USB stick loaded with music into the PS4, a new option for USB Music Player will appear. Supported filename extensions include MP3, MP4, M4A, and 3GP.
- Enhancements to Live Broadcasting: Masamune brings a variety of improvements to live broadcasting on PS4. In the Live From PlayStation app, PS4 owners can now select a Featured channel, which includes official broadcasts from PlayStation, broadcasts from people on a players friend list, and any game channel that the player has followed. Additionally, Live From PlayStation now has filters for searching broadcasts on a specific game, as well as support for archived broadcasts.
- Live from PlayStation – The app which lets you view live broadcasts has been updated with the ability to follow users, continue watching a broadcast via a mini-player while searching for other broadcasts, view archived broadcasts, and filter programs by language. There is also an official ‘Featured by PlayStation’ page.
- Content Area and Library: PS4’s Content Area, which shows the latest games and apps a PS4 owner has used, has been redesigned to help make it easier to quickly find and access content. It now shows 15 of a player’s most used apps or games, and additional items will be added to a player’s Library. The Library on PS4 has improved filter and sort functions to help organize contented by type (game / app / TV & video), name (a – z or z – a), recently used, or install date.
- Add To Library: The monthly free PlayStation Plus games will have an ‘Add to Library’ button in the PlayStation Store. This button will add a game to a PS4 owner’s library without downloading it – saving space on their hard drive.
- Enhanced Voice Commands: The ability to control PS4 using voice has been improved. Players can now say ‘PlayStation’ to begin commands, and ‘All Commands,’ to see a list of all voice command options available. New voice commands were added for live broadcasting, including “Start broadcast,” “End broadcast,” and “Find face.”
Not mentioned in the update is , the ability to listen to your music while gaming.
source Official US PS blogTags: PlayStation 4, PS4 2.00 OFW, Sony