SimCity  official Patch 2.0 changelog
The highly anticipated 2.0 patch of SimCity is finally available. Just fire up your game clients to automatically download and install the patch.
Full change log available below:
Tags: SimCity, SimCity Patch
- Mayors Mansion: Mayors will now drive their fancy cars to work. Mayor will take their helicopter, limo, or sports car if the modules are present.
- Data maps: Now show in their normal color when a color filter is enabled (unless in a colorblind mode)
- HUD: Now color-corrects when in a colorblind mode.
Fixes and Updates
- Cities not Processing: Mitigates some of the issues that were causing cities not to process. We are continuing to work on and improve this issue.
- Region Filters: Now sorts regions with available cities to the top
- Invitations: Invitations to join a region should be sent and received more quickly.
- Tourism: Fixes for unexplained fluctuation of tourists. Tourists more smartly counted on transit.
- Cruise ships should now be a lot more effective at bringing medium and high wealth tourists in coastal cities.
- New tourists will now decide to come into a city once leaving tourists reach train stations, bus depots, or cruise ship docs instead of waiting for those tourists to go out to the region first.
- This change should reduce the downtime of tourist buildings.
- Casinos: Casinos tuned so that Gambling will be a more profitable specialty. Players must bulldoze and replace existing casinos to see effects of tuning.
- The larger casinos now invite more tourists into the city which helps keep them full.
- Note that existing casinos will need to be replaced to take advantage of this change.
- More Casinos: Raised module limit on Sci-Fi and Sleek Casinos to 6 modules.
- Region Play: Cash gifts can now be received in a bankrupt city.
- Education: Fixed school buses getting stuck at the high school. Existing Schools will fix themselves.
- Education: Fixed school buses picking up students at neighboring cities that didn’t have school bus stops.
- Education: Fix to more accurately track regional student population.
- Education: Fix where kids leaving the school bus stop would teleport to the nearest pedestrian path instead of walking directly into the school.
- Education: University wings now give the proper bonus.
- Recycling: Fix for the Recycling Center where it would sometimes stop working, recycling services will visit other cities.
- Air pollution: Fixed issue where air pollution would appear to come from nowhere. Fix issues where your regional air pollution would be reflected back into your box for a double penalty.
- Fire Service: Fire Trucks don’t clump, dispatch to fires more efficiently.
- Water: Water pumps are now capable of pumping water from rivers at a larger radius so they can take better advantage of the water table in a city.
- Disasters: Some players were getting hit too frequently with random disasters, this introduces a cooldown where no random disasters will occur.
- Trade: Fix for trade ports that suddenly stop shipping.
- Transit: Street Cars and Buses go to high volume stops first.
- Transit: A city with residents and public transit will now provide the accurate amount of workers and shoppers to its neighbors.
- Transit: A transit vehicle stuck in a pick-up or drop off loop will now go back to a garage instead of trying to pick up more people.
- Transit vehicles should recover automatically after the update. If players want to force the recovery, turn off the stops that are having looping issues, wait a few game hours, then turn them back on.
- Transit: Neighbors buses will now come in lower numbers into the city and do a better job at picking up local passengers first.
- Traffic: Medium density roads now create traffic lights at intersections with other roads and avenues of equal or higher density.
- Residential Tuning: Residential-only cities have failure state.
- Buildings are prevented from going up in density when they don’t have power or water.
- The amount of happiness gained from low taxes, police, fire, and health outreach has been lowered.
- Fixed some cases where buildings would not go abandoned when they should have.
- Higher density residential buildings are no longer blocked from going abandoned due to not having enough money.
- Happiness from low taxes does not double up every time it is given.
- Losing happiness due to not having a job is more impactful.
- Budgets: Fixed bug with monthly transactions being used to get around systems pushing back.
- Systems like fire, abandonment, garbage, sewage don’t turn on until you’ve made a certain amount of money. Gifts from neighbors are taken into account as well.
- You can no longer create a city that never gets fires, crime, health, or other pushback issues.
- Income progression (which we use to turn on pushback systems) was not including transactions from gifts, global market sales, or loans.
- Income progression should always go up regardless if you have higher expenses. It is the total income that you are bringing in from your city that turns on pushback systems.
- Audio: Fixes issue where audio will stop working after creating a large city or where phantom audio sounds play in a city.
- Demolish: Fixes issue that occurred when players demolished buildings that had service vehicles, delivery vehicles, or agents out in the city or region. Previously, the agents would be in a state of limbo and would not recover when new buildings of that type were placed. This will no longer happen.