[Fix] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Crash to Desktop, Crashes, Freezes, Steam Errors, Audio Problems, slow framerate
Issue #8 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – nVidia Optimus Crashes the Game
Skyrim is choking on laptops using nVidia Optimus technology especially when the power saving feature kicks in. Here’s how to fix it:
- Open the nVidia Control Panel
- Open the 3D Settings option and select Manage 3D Settings
- Click the Program Settings tab
- Under 1. Select a program…, click Add, and select the Skyrim’s exe file (TESV.exe).
- Under 2. Select the preferred graphics…, choose High-performance NVIDIA processor
- Click Apply
- Re-launch the game.
Issue #9 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim No Sound Fix – Audio Problems, weak NPC voices
For Windows 7 and Vista users:
- Make sure you did the fix for Issue #1.
- Check your volume levels in game and via Window’s Volume Mixer (to access, alt-tab to desktop and click on the little speaker icon in the system tray).
- Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Communications Tab then select the “Do Nothing” radio button
For Windows XP users:
Set your speakers to Stereo.
Issue #10 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Multimonitor Fix – No menu, Menu crashes, Dual monitor problems
Currently, the only way to play Skyrim on multiple monitors is to play it in Borderless Windowed mode. Download this mod.
If you want Skyrim to appear on a certain monitor with your multi-monitor setup, make sure to set that display as the default.
Issue #11 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim No Effects – Cobwebs, Fire Trail and other effects not displaying
Check if your drivers are up to date. If they are then you’ll need to download this fix.
Issue #12 Getting Optimal Performance on Nvidia-powered computers
Nvidia has released a couple of tweak guides to get the best out of your Nvidia GPU when playing skyrim:
If you have comments, suggestions or need to verify a few things, don’t hesitate to post a comment.
Pages: 1 2Tags: Skyrim, skyrim blackscreen, skyrim cannot install, skyrim crash, skyrim errors, skyrim fix, skyrim freezing, skyrim lag, skyrim menu crash, skyrim minimum requirements, skyrim mouse fix, skyrim no audio, skyrim no sound, skyrim optimus, skyrim pc crash, skyrim pc error, skyrim pc fix, skyrim poor FPS, skyrim poor graphics, skyrim stuttering