Sony drops PSP price to $129.99
Looks like Sony has finally gotten the memo and decided to drop the price for it’s PlayStation Portable console to just $129.99.
Of course, the new price only pertains to the PSP-3000. Sony seems to have unofficially killed the PSP Go and left it in the dark recesses of history which is kind of a shame because it could’ve been a good piece of technology (with a few minor changes to the existing design, the weedy battery for one).
PSP Entertainment Packs (a.k.a. PSP bundles) will be available for $159.99 (MSRP). This includes the Dissidia Limited Edition PSP and the new Monster Hunter Portable 3rd PSP, if you can still find them (when Sony assigns the Limited Edition title, the company really means very limited limited quantities).
Aside from new prices for the consoles and bundles, Sony is also adding several AA+ titles to the PSP’s “Greatest Hits” and “Favorites” collections. Check the list below for a complete list of titles:
New PSP “Greatest Hits” Titles ($19.99)
- Assassin’s Creed Bloodlines (Ubisoft)
- DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY (Square Enix, Inc.)
- LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
- METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER (Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.)
- Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
- Resistance: Retribution
- Toy Story 3: The Video Game (Disney Interactive)
New PSP “Favorites” Titles ($9.99)
- CRISIS CORE-FINAL FANTASY VII (Square Enix, Inc. )
- Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (Capcom)
- Killzone: Liberation
- SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs: Fire Team Bravo
- Tomb Raider Anniversary (Square Enix, Inc.)
source PlayStation BlogTags: Playstation Portable