Install 6.31 Hen + Prometheus ISO loader on your PSP
Requirements for 6.31 Hen and Prometheus ISO
- A PSP-3000, PSP-2000 with TA-v88v3 motherboard or PSP Go with official firmware 6.31 installed. If you have a hackable PSP, I would recommend to install a permanent CFW like 5.50 GEN-D3. If you’re not on 6.35, follow the upgrade guide for your PlayStation Portable on the troubleshooting part of the guide.
- Mina no Sukirri Demo | Mirror
- 6.31 Hen pack | Mirror
- Prometheus ISO loader | Mirror
- Light VSH menu: PSP-2000 | PSP-3000 | PSP Go
Important Note: if you’re having problems with installing 6.31 Hen, try out the guide on installing the Signed 6.31 Hen PRO
Installing 6.31 Hen and Prometheus ISO loader on your PSP
- Extract the Mina no Sukkiri Demo onto your PC
- Copy the folder (NPJG90047) into x:\PSP\GAME (x is your memory stick or the PSP Go‘s storage)
- Extract the 6.31 hbl.zip file onto your PC
- Copy it’s contents directly onto your PSP. This contains both the homebrew loader and the exploited save data.
- Extract the Prometheus ISO loader onto your PC
- Copy the extracted folder to x:\PSP\GAME (x is your memory stick or the PSP Go‘s storage)
- Extract the Light VSH menu file for your PSP model on your computer.
- Copy the plugins folder directly onto your memory stick or the storage of your PSP Go.
- On your XMB, Run the Mina no Sukkiri
- Select the second option to load the save exploit. This would automatically load Hen onto your PSP and it will revert back to XMB
- Once you’re back on the XMB, press “select” to make sure the Hen menu displays correctly.
- Follow this guide on how to install the Prometheus ISO loader on your PSP: Installing the Prometheus ISO loader on your PSP.
- Enjoy your Free PSP Games :).
Update: Added installation of Light VSH Menu. Why is it at the start of the installation process? So you can immediately load it after installing the 6.31 Hen.
Important Note: Be sure to check the Prometheus ISO loader compatibility guide
Important Note: You need an ISO folder in your PSP’s memory. Simply create one and dump your PSP ISOs/CSOs there.
If you’re experiencing problems with loading HEN (symptoms include blue screen, freezes and turn off automatically), follow the tip below:
- Just as HEN started to load you just ticked the power button .. your PSP will go to standby mode … then switch on the power button again Your PSP booted up hen.
- Backup your savegames and PSN content, and reformat your card.
- Turn off UMD-cache
If you’re not on 6.31 OFW, follow this guide on how to upgrade your PSP to 6.31 so you can install 6.31 Hen: HowTo: Upgrade your PSP to 6.31 OFW.
credits to Liquidzigong aka Virtuous Flame aka Vflame
If you’re on a different firmware, you may want to take a look at other Hen installations:
- 6.20 TN-A
- 6.20 TN-C
- 6.20 TN-D
- 6.20 TN-E (updated version)
- 6.20 Pro-B5
- 6.31 Hen
- Signed 6.31 Hen (updated version)
- 6.35 Hen
- Signed 6.35 Hen (updated version)
- 6.35 Pro-B5