Install PSP Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-B
If you’re one of the people dissatisfied with 5.50 GEN-A and went back to 5.00 M33 then you’ll be glad to see that 5.50 GEN-B has been released, fixed some of your bug worries and added some more features.
Important: DO NOT attempt to install this on PSP-3000 / PSP-2000 TA088v3. YOU WILL BRICK YOUR PSP IF YOU DO.
- PSP Phat or PSP Slim with 5.50 GEN-A. If you don’t have custom firmware yet, READ: Convert your PSP to custom firmware.
- PSP battery that’s at least 78% full
- Download: 5.50 GEN-B
- Disable ALL plugins.
- Back up your save files (so that if they get corrupted, you still have backups)
How to install 5.50 GEN-B CFW on your PSP:
- Extract the 5.50 GEN-B files to your computer.
- Copy the PSP folder to your PSP’s memory stick. (Yes, just drag the whole folder there)
- Disconnect the PSP from USB
- Run 5.50 UPDATE from under Game on your PSP’s XMB
- After all process is complete, press X. Your PSP will reboot.
- Congratulations, you’ve just installed 5.50 GEN-B.
Important: 5.50 GEN-B2 Patch!
After installing 5.50 GEN-B, you can install the bugfix 5.50 GEN-B2. It fixes a bug that prevented the launch of an entire category whose homebrew kit despertar del cementerio.
To install just download 5.50 GEN-B2 and use the same steps above.
What do I get with Custom firmware 5.50GEN-B?
- All functions of the official 5.50 GEN-A firmware
- Bug fix: the VSH menu can now be disabled
- Pressing Select can start the recovery, bring up the VSH recovery menu, or do nothing at all (for those who wish to use Remote Play between their PSP and PS3)
- Update via Network (taken from M33)
- Pandora (converting the battery to/from the Pandora-state) and Shutdown Device options added to the VSH menu
- Flash1 format option adds a check that prevents a flash1 format if enabled
- Access [remains open] to the PlayStation Store and Remote Play continues working
Hat off to PSP GEN for 5.50 GEN-B.
Post a comment if you need help or clarifications.Tags: 5.50, 5.50 GEN-B, Custom Firmware