Install PSP Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-A
While everyone’s still waiting for a Dark Alex release his version of 5.50 custom firmware, PSP GEN has managed to release their 5.50 GEN-A Custom Firmware. Do note that the earlier 5.03 GEN-A via ChickHEN hack release is for PSP-3000 / PSP-2000 TA088v3. This version of 5.50 GEN-A is for PSP-1000 / non-TA088v3 PSP-2000′s.
Important: DO NOT attempt to install this on PSP-3000 / PSP-2000 TA088v3. YOU WILL BRICK YOUR PSP IF YOU DO.
- PSP Phat or PSP Slim with 3.52 M33 or higher. If you don’t have custom firmware yet, READ: Convert your PSP to custom firmware.
- PSP battery that’s at least 78% full
- Download: 5.50 GEN-A
- Disable ALL plugins.
- Back up your save files (so that if they get corrupted, you still have backups)
How to install 5.50 GEN-A CFW on your PSP:
- Extract the 5.50 GEN-A files to your computer.
- Copy the PSP folder to your PSP’s memory stick. (Yes, just drag the whole folder there)
- Run 5.50 UPDATE from under Game on your PSP’s XMB
- After all process is complete, press X. Your PSP will reboot.
- Congratulations, you’ve just installed 5.50 GEN-A
What do I get with Custom firmware 5.50GEN-A?
- All functions of the official 5.50 firmware
- The [Information Board] has been added under [PlayStation Network]
- Support for Internet security service provided by Trend Micro has been added to [Internet Browser]
- An icon for built-in Internet Search has been added to the menu bar of your browser
- Option to search for the game title on Google.
- It is now possible to see an additional level of hierarchy under [Photo] [Music] and [Video]
PS3 owners are already familiar with this feature. It displays news and updates from SCEE in the upper right corner of the screen. You can now obtain information about the games ahead of the new content available on the Playstation Store, and other news from your PSP even if you are connected to WiFi.
End Micro Web Security: use technology to block access to malicious sites that can steal personal information and confidential -
Trend Micro Kid’s Safety: You can block access to websites with inappropriate content.
Instead of having to point your browser to Google then search, you can do your searches directly on your XMB.
By selecting the icon of the game and then pressing triangle and selecting running Internet Search, you get to search for sites using the name of the game.
- Launch of UMDs to ISOs to CSOs and demos require firmware 5.02 or below
- Launch homebrews
- Launch of PS1 games (converted to PSP)
- Access to Recovery mode (adjusts the processor speed of the PSP, FLASH access, use plug-ins etc.).
Hat off to PSP GEN for 5.50 GEN-A.
Post a comment if you need help or clarifications.Tags: 5.50, 5.50 GEN-A, Custom Firmware