Install Custom Firmware Enabler via ChickHEN R2
If you’re having trouble installing custom firmware 5.03 GEN-A don’t fret. You can install Custom Firmware Enabler (cfwe in shorter terms) instead. CFWE enables the functions of the M33 custom firmware using ChickHEN. So yes, it’s from the same team that brought us Dark Alex’s 5.00 M33 custom firmware.
Interested yet? Read ON.
This guide will help you install Custom Firmware Enabler on your PSP-3000 / PSP-2000 TA-088v3 to custom firmware. Note that the steps are quite numerous because there are 3 parts to installing Custom Firmware Enabler. Read them well and make sure you understand them before proceeding.
There is no danger of bricking your PSP unless you deviate from the instructions listed below unlike hackable PSPs. The danger of bricking your PSP-3000 / PSP-2000 TA-088v3 is relatively small. If however, you’re not sure about a step, take the time to post a question.
How to Install Custom Firmware Enabler for ChickHEN
If you have a PSP-2000 and have no idea what motherboard you have, be sure to read this CFW Compatibility Guide. If you have a PSP-2000 that’s not TA-088v3 or PSP-1000 and want to convert your PSP to custom firmware, read this guide on How to install custom firmware. After installing custom firmware, update to 5.00 m33. If you have confirmed that you have a PSP-3000 or PSP-2000 with TA-088v3 then read on.
- A PSP-3000 or PSP-2000 with TA-088v3 motherboard.
- Davee’s chickHen installed and running
- Back up your save files (so that if they get corrupted, you still have backups)
How to Install Custom Firmware Enabler
- Connect your PSP to the computer in USB Mode when you have loaded ChickHEN R2.
- Extract the zip file on your computer
- Copy the PSP folder to your memory card
- Disconnect the PSP from USB.
- On your PSP, Go to GAME > Memory Stick > CFWEnabler
- The CFWEnabler screen will boot up, Select install and your PSP will reboot.
- Congratulations, you now have 5.00 M33-6 (yes, it loads 5.00 M33-6) on your PSP.
- Can load ISO’s? – Yes, yes, you can.
- Will it work with PSP’s with TA-088v3 and PSP3000? – Yes
- Can it brick my console? – This version has several checks to verify that everything is installed, it is 99.99% safe
- When you turn off the console I have to repeat the procedure? – Yes, you have to repeat it, but after the first time, you don’t need flash anything.
- And you can not prevent either procedure? – Could be avoided if we could do an IPL compatible.
- Is will future releases rectify the current problems? – It is possible, but is not guaranteed anything.
- Will plugins work? – Yes, they work.
- Does the M33 SDK? – Yes, it works.
- Can I install LEDA? – Yes, it works perfectly.
- When you start the program it automatically goes to the menu – It has not been able to reallocate the flash, make sure your version is correct ChickEN.
- I can’t run ISO’s - Make sure that your configuration is correct.
- It created a folder called SVCPlayer. Why? – You have a plugin that creates the so-called “capture” nothing to do with CFWEnabler.
Thanks to Xenogears and Becus25 of MHUD2Tags: Custom Firmware, Custom Firmware Enabler