2kgames details upcoming Civilization V patch
Turns out 2kgames has heard the thousands of complaints of Civlization 5 crashes and are working on a patch to fix a lot of the numerous issues that most of us have encountered.
Below is a list of upcoming fixes that will eventually make it to Civilization 5.
- Fix for production prompt that sometimes appears with newly created puppet states that could stop the player from being able to end the turn.
- Aircraft banner corrections – now when you rebase an aircraft, the number will move with it.
- Resource icons now come up with Ctrl-R again, instead of sharing the same button with Build Roads.
- Selecting a great general will no longer cause yield icons to appear.
- Added option to disable auto-unit cycling.
- Fix for full-screen game when running dual monitors. Previously, the curser could scroll off the “open” side, and not be able to scroll the map in that direction.
- Misc additional fixes to mouse controls, and other interface issues.
- Rounded out financial information in the Economic Overview screen. Details now provided on the amount of gold provided by each city, the cost of buildings in each city, etc.
- Auto-populate save menu with save file name
- Allow selection of other cities by hex from within the city screen
- Added detailed trade route info to Economic Overview screen
- Added new tab to the Economic Overview Screen: “Resources & Happiness.”
- Added option to activate the mp score list in single player (for “always up” score similar to Civ IV.)
- The Annex/Puppet/Raze popup now indicates how much extra Unhappiness will be assumed with each action.
- Category list now displays correctly
- “Installed” panel now displays ALL versions of a mod but prevents the user from enabling multiple versions.
- Workers – Added option to force workers to ignore manually made improvements (so they don’t change what you decide was best for a plot).
- Workers – Fixed bug where number of turns to complete were incorrect in build action button tool-tip.
- Economy – Fixed bug where players could disband a single unit, and not see the economic return until disbanding 1 more.
- Economy – Increased city wealth setting to 25%
- Economy – Multiple fixes to the way trade-routes are tabulated and recognized.
- Economy – Can now sell Buildings in a city (to help lower maintenance for obsolete buildings later in the game).
- Trade – Found and corrected a Trade problem that could cause your Resource inventory to multiply.
- City States – Fixed a bug where you could not gift aircraft to city states.
- Military – Medic promotion now only provides healing bonus for adjacent units.
- Military – Fix for Minuteman movement.
- Military – Correct promotions for “archer-like” units (horse archers, chariots).
- Military – Embarked units will no longer slow enemy land units
- Military – Improved unit cycling logic. Camera will jump around much less.
- Balance – Engineers +1 hammer
- Military – Better handling of unit need (navy vs land, etc.) .
- Military – AI will tend to build ships to deal with blockaded cities more often
- Military – Corrected an issue hampering movement of AI armies, especially when in close proximity to enemy forces
- Diplomacy – AI will be more reluctant to offer or accept open border agreements with more powerful opponents.
- Diplomacy – Fix for never ending deals (peace, research agreements, etc).
- City – City specialization and city focus improvements.
- City – Cities that are Avoiding Growth will not grow while that option is selected
- Workers – Priority of trading posts reduced, and rebalanced priorities on other improvements
- Workers – Improved the path-finding mechanic when building route-to roads improved, including a large performance increase when evaluating road-pathing.
- City – Make sure Puppets don’t construct buildings that require Resources.
- City – Add a Puppet city strategy that turns off training buildings and emphasizes gold.
- Exploit – Fix for gifting unit exploit
- Chat – Color-coding, sound alerts, etc., added for in-game chat system, including a larger window.
- Deals – Additional deal validation put in place to verify deals before they are committed
- Research treaties that end because you declare war will no longer grant the free tech
- Save/Load – Fix for corrupted saves being experienced by some players in late-game.
- Map – Huge map crash-during-load fix that were reported on some specific systems.
- Map – Terrain caching fix that could cause problems for certain video cards (the “glowing red orbs” seen on the map are an indicator of this).
- Map – Fix for the low res terrain that appears the first time the game is run (terrain tiles would not load in anything but low-res the first time you play on some computer configurations)
- Strategic View – Crash fix for units rendering in background.
- Strategic View – Fix for selecting units either standing on a city plot, or garrisoned in the city plot.
- Eyefinity – Better handling of leader scenes when using Eyefinity displays.
- Tutorials – Many tutorial tweaks and adjustments.
- Multiple crash fixes.
- Taller than wide map crash fix.
2kgames’s Greg says the patch could be out as early as next week 🙂Tags: Civilization 5, Civilization 5 patches, Civilization V