Techy stuff to Life, Games, and Computing
I’ll confess, I started this blog with no plan whatsover on SEO, niche or even regular posting. To the earlier me is a way of making money. While it’s true, I found out that people out to make money are usually the guys who don’t so I tried to look the other way. Karlo of PinoyBlogero and I, had once a discussion during our Thermodynamics class on what we wanted to do online. We agreed that we both wanted to prioritize making a mark before monetizing. Considering PinoyBlogero’s exposure to on local newspaper, I’d say he’s already reach that mark.
So now what of me and Atma Xplorer. Well let’s just say after all that has happened (good and bad), I’m proud to say I’m addicted to writing.
Why did I say that?
Soon after I’ve gotten a lot of free time I tried (yet utterly failed) to go back to things that I loved doing before:
- Gaming – it’s at the top because I love gaming. Especially lengthy, time consuming RTS or Sid Meier games.
- Reading Novels – I’ve got a mini library of Dungeons and Dragons, Dragon Lance, Forgotten Realm and some other Mega Epic (very long, as in spanning several books) Fiction books but I’ve read most of them 5 times over. I have a budget for buying new books but the bookstores doesn’t seem to want to cooperate, if anyone sees copies of the following please let me know:
- Elven Exiles Book 3
- Selswords Book 2
- Legacy of Drizzt Book 3-8
- Movies – I think I’ll drop the title “Movie Junkie” from my unofficial resume. Watching movies is an expensive past time which I enjoy but Hollywood’s movies seem to be slipping quite a lot in quality so I pick my movies now instead of watching everything (I averaged 4 movies a week before).
- Gym – I used to be fit as a fiddle. Being part of the volleyball varsity team was a lot of work but since my college Alma Matter killed the team before I enrolled, I gave up on going to the gym. I know I’m out of shape but hey, it’s not the looks.
- Anime – nothing really interesting as of the moment except for Gundam 00.
So what now?
Long story short, to sate my addiction I’ve launched this:
Yes it’s beta. You all know how hard it is to start up a new blog especially the link-exchange part but hey, I enjoy it.
Pinoy Tech Guy will hold all (well not all, but you get the idea) the technology related posts I will be writing. This will include Software Reviews, new Hardware, tips, tweaks and a lot of resources. It’s sort of like what I planned out (but as you see failed to do) for Atma Xplorer but on a more controlled level.
What will happen to Atma Xplorer?
Xploring Gaming, Life and Computing, that’s the tagline this blog will be carrying from this point on so I can focus on the incoming traffic. If you look at the Popular Entries at the bottom, you’ll notice that MOST of the list is about gaming or related. In short the lighter stuff.
Why? Cmon face it. Blogging on a single niche gets stuffy sometimes and blogging is supposed to be fun. Where’s the fun if you can’t post what you want right?
Anyway, I’ll cut this post now, I tend to get very wordy so I’ll stop myself while I’m ahead. To my readers, please Add Pinoy Tech Guy to your blogroll if you can. I’ll add you back when I see the notice from the Dashboard.
Happy Blogging Guys!Tags: Blogs, internet, Pinoy Tech Guy