News you just missed: Link Love #2
I’m already out of school (pre-graduate) and looking for that one job to make it all worth it. I’ve found over 30+ jobs along that line and received replies from about 15 companies with requests for exam or interview (Mark‘s referral has still to get through though).
Now if only I wasn’t too picky.
Four months ago, I would’ve been alright with any computer related job so long as it paid well. Now, I’m very picky about the job I’m going to take. Why? Well, there’s a lot of important considerations for me to take the job. At the top of that list is experience. I will never go with a high paying “starter job,” (such as call centers or a support group) because in the long run, the experience that I’ll be picking up there won’t do me any good. Sure it may get me a managerial or higher position but what have I learned from it?
I’m not criticizing call center agents or people with similar jobs but am merely stating the facts.
If you work for 3-5 years as a call center agent, what experience do you gain out of it? Same question goes for a support group member. Sure it’ll make you more efficient at what you do but what “skills” will you pick up to further advance yourself?
Well so much for my rant. Here’s the set of News you just missed for this week.
Just the News:
- Mcbilly is back from the Sinulog Festival. He was lucky enough to escort Ms Melanie Marquez on the Placenta Float and provides his usual Money Making and Self Improvement Tips. Nice work as always buddy.
- Filipina internet Celebrity Happy Slip is in the Philippines! To those who haven’t heard of her fame, Ms . Christine Gambito is the one behind the very popular string of videos on HappySlip and Youtube, Hopefully her despedida party gets a schedule soon. I”m planning to go there if I’m avaialable.
- Jehzlau has been scammed by TicketsToGo. Tough luck buddy. If the issue doesn’t resolve itself we can always post some bad reviews about TicketsToGo hehe.
- While were still cramming for ways on how to get more readers to subscribe, Dosh Dosh got ahead of everyone and now has 10,000 subscribers. Wow! I wonder when any of us will reach that?
- Kuya Rick of Blogging Mix asks if you are getting Diggsperate? Is getting on the Digg frontpage worth the fame and headaches?
- Kuya Marhgil asks if Google has screwed your earnings with the reduction of clickable space.
- Bad grammar = Big bucks?!? Nick seems to think that big name bloggers have bad english as part of their charm.
- Rhyan shares is his secret sauce of Google Success.
It’ll be a tough, upcoming week with several exams and interviews lined up. Hopefully that “Job” soon. Wish me luck! Chiao!Tags: Link Love